BMW INPA EdiaBas is a software package for professional ECU programming, coding and diagnostics for BMW, Rolls Royce and Mini.
This scanner can access any ECU. Using BMW INPA EdiaBas real-time parameter reading allows you to control any executing mechanism.
List of cars supported by BMW INPA OBD interface: E36 (some), E38, E39, E46, E52, E53, E60, E65, E83, E85, E87, E90, Mini R50, Rolls Royce RR1.
Models supported by BMW INPA ADS interface: E31, E32, E34, E36.
Models supported by BMW INPA D-Can interface: E60, E61 from 03/2007; E83 from 09/2006; E81, E87 from 03/2007; E90, E91, E92, E93 from 03/2007; E70; R56.
ECUs supported by BMW INPA: all BMW models except F-series. Starting with the F-series, Rheingold can be used.
The minimum system requirements are so low that the program can be run on the weakest laptops:
- Operating system Windows® 98 / 2000 / XP / VISTA (in XP compatibility mode) / Windows 7 (in XP compatibility mode)
- Processor at least Intel Pentium-II® 300MHz
- RAM from 64MB
- Free disk space 400MB
- COM port or USB port
If you install BMW INPA EdiaBas on a virtual machine, then it doesn’t matter what system you have, even Windows 10: the main thing is to have WMware of a certain version that can work with the virtual machine image.
Features BMW INPA EdiaBas
- Reading and clearing trouble codes
- ECU coding
- Reading parameters in real time
- Emulation of the operation of various ECUs
- Reading the contents of the ECU memory
- Activation of actuators
- Activation / deactivation of engineering functions
Installation of BMW INPA EdiaBas
The installation depends on the selected version. Below there are both clean installers (self-configuration), or a VMware version with already configured parameters. In general, the choice of one or another version depends on your skill. It is also worth considering that the emulator is slower and consumes more laptop resources, so we recommend installing the regular version (not VMware) on slow or old devices.
Download BMW INPA EdiaBas (+ .torrent)
The VMware version has WDS ( At the bottom of the page, last link. Wiring Diagram System) and TIS (Technical Information System). The distribution also contains SP-DATEN.iso weighing 18GB
Installing the WMware version:
- Install VMware Workstation v10
- Go to the folder where you downloaded the distribution, click Properties (right-click on the folder), right-click on the folder, and in the open window uncheck “Read Only”
- Launch VMware Workstation v10
- Select “Open virtual machine”
- Specify the path to the downloaded folder
- Run the image
- Waiting for the system to fully boot
- Connect DCAN to vehicle and device
- Launch Inpa from desktop
- Pay attention to the ignition status: the battery icon should appear
If the current status is “Disabled”, then the virtual machine does not see DCAN or there is no power at the connector in the car (the ignition is not turned on).
Regular version.7z Download
VMWare version.torrent Download
BMW Inpa 5.00 VMware Download